Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Productivity and procrastination

My parents, and every roommate I've ever lived with will attest that I am one of the largest procrastinators they have ever met. I am notorious for leaving things to last minute, however one of the things that I have learned over the years is to be productive. 



I know that this sounds crazy, but hear me out. In college we learn to do the most amount of work in the shortest time possible. This is being productive, those late nights where you buckle down and do it? Productivity.

Everything we do, all of our actions, they become our habits. Therefore I try to do the same thing everyday that is going to help me be more productive. For me it means making the bed. What? That's going to help you with your homework? Yep. Cleaning the house, making dinner, making your bed? Those are all productive things, and if you remember way back in middle school objects in motion tend to stay in motion. This holds true for habits, and actions, and productivity. If you are productive, you tend to stay productive. 

For me the difference between my procrastination, and what other people often think of is the fact that I ultimately am a productive person. This isn't something that's come naturally, but I've become cognizant of this and have tried to change my natural habits. 

The things we want? We have to fight for, and make a conscious effort to go after. So go ahead, watch one more episode of Game of Thrones, I'm not going to judge you, just make sure that you'll be responsible and productive with the time you're given. And remember it can all start with making your bed every morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment