Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Flight of Time

***Note this is a post I had written from January and never got around to posting***
**It is no longer my last semester, however after graduating, and after losing one of my closest friends this year I can only say that these memories are far more precious than you would ever believe. So make them, and remember them**



Last semester flew, literally. I'm not sure where half of it went but I know I enjoyed it immensely.
Similarly to last semester break also seemed to fly by.

I have a few tips for helping with this, because these memories are precious and somehow I always feel that spring semester flies by even faster. 

1) Keep a Journal - You may think this one obvious and silly, but its real. Journaling helps and it helps memories and figure out how you felt, it can take you straight back to that time. Now I may be far too addicted to journals because each one that I see I fall in love with a little bit. Right now I'm on a gift leather bound journal but I love Peter Pauper Press. And here's the best thing about journaling. There is no right way to do it. Bullets! Stories! Scents or tastes! One sentence journals! Plus it helps work out whats piling up in your head, something I think we all need. 

2) Be in the moment - By this I mean actually enjoying it, and not living behind a camera. Sure a good picture or two snapped is wonderful, and I am far to guilty of my favorite socialization medium being snapchat, but the places we get those memories we are so fond of? Actually participating in the moment. What I seem to remember is no matter how beautiful the image you see is, that Iphone is never going to do it justice. So why not just remember it for yourself?

3) Talk to your friends - whether this is during the moment for you or reminiscing afterwards somebody else in your group is going to remember a detail you forgot. And remembering it again? Nothing feels better.   

4) Make these memories - I know this one sounds obvious and kind of silly, but the reality is that sometimes we get too caught up in what's going on in our lives to break out of the monotony. We get sucked into our rut. This is my last semester in college so we are planning little things that we are going to love, but most of all we are open to spontaneity (which may or may not have lead us to climbing onto roofs one night to see if we can...) which I think can bring the most memories. 

For me this semester and this year is all about the adventure of life. I'm going to start being an adult soon, a real adult anyhow. But before I settle down into what may become the next few years of my life, and the true beginning to my career I'm going to have some wonderful adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment