Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Splurging, when it's worth it

This summer I have been all to reminded the the old college title 'broke college student' really does apply. Some times its so hard to remember that even if it isn't a normal semester, we still need to budget. I have been particularly bad about this. Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale killed me. It seems like such a good price! But those good prices add up. 

I think my favorite thing about growing up and becoming an adult is the clothes. I don't mean that I just love to go shopping for adult clothes (because I mean I totally do, half my wardrobe is ready for an office), but that now we don't always need a whole new wardrobe for the incoming school year. New tennis shoes if the old ones wear out, and maybe one or two statement pieces. However school supplies always seem to disappear, I swear my mechanical pencils just run away!

Trying to keep in mind a summer budget, and the fact that I don't actually need to go out and buy clothes I gave in to a small splurge. It wasn't bad and unlike after the whole Bath and Body Works shopping spree I didn't have any guilt. My splurge? A Lilly Pulitzer Agenda. The 18 month agenda is literally going to be my lifeblood, especially if I do end up going to Spain in the spring! Normally I get the cheap flimsy school planners, which end up falling apart about halfway through the year. Which. I. Hate.


I ordered through Pea Pod Paper and Gifts, simply because they are amazing and I love their products. I was so excited to finally be able to order something from them after drooling for the last year or so. The monogram was only an extra seven dollars I believe, which I debated on but I just love it and it makes it a bit more personal. I can't tell you how excited I was to start using it this week! The larger size is wonderful, and I just love the print, which reminds me of my Chi Omega house flower. 

This was probably the last splurge I'm going to do for a while. With me trying to keep my grades up (straight A's hopefully I'm crossing my fingers!), I'm probably not going to be working this fall which I'm coming to terms with it being okay. The fact is we have to realize what is going to be an investment and will be worth the splurge, and what is just a here and now want that wont end up helping in the long run. 

What was your latest splurge? Do you have great budget tips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment