Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Brida

I've been devouring books lately, and will probably have quite a few more literary adventures to post in the near future. However, Brida stood out to me far more than the trove of others. As a huge lover of fantasy and escapism Brida was an interesting mix of reality, religion, romance, and possibility.



As with other books from Paulo Coelho, when I finished reading Brida it felt as if the whole world had shifted, yes it's one of those books. Similarly with the other books I've read from Coelho, it seemed to come at a point in my life when I most needed it. A fast read, that kept me entertained and I was able to read in a cozy Sunday evening. As can be evidenced by my pictures with my salmon turnovers and homemade creamy potato soup. I'm certainly enjoying this fall weather and using the early evenings to their advantage!

 It was nice to see a main character, around my age, learning where she fits in the world in a way that is so realistic. The book shows that not everything is perfect, and sometimes your life path changes in ways you hadn't expected, but like everyone else we learn to deal with it and move on. The best part? This was not the main struggle that Brida tries to overcome, but simply another part of a normal life.

 I love a book that can teach me something and Brida did. The material strays into what modern witches identify as, how their religion works, and how our universe works while realizing that one of the most important questions we can ever ask is, "Who is my other half, and how will they help make life better?" This is wonderfully shown that a soul mate is often not your only love in life, and that a soul mate isn't necessarily the person you're meant to be with my the one whose been put in your life to teach you something.

The novel grapples with both young love, and past loves, and yet still manages to find it's way into your brain, into your soul to see where this applies in your life. I truly adore Paulo Coelho and would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on the book! Brida receives one of the largest recommendations I can give!

No comments:

Post a Comment