Monday, October 21, 2013

But what? Boots!

Hello world,

Midterms caught me off guard so hard this year, but not as badly as our football team did yesterday. Bit of a let down that one, well more than a bit. Went up in the hills this morning, early this morning, didn't see any elk which was our goal but I did see lots and lots of snow.  By the time my friend and I got back to town it was snowing pretty hard. However, this afternoon all the snow had melted again.

This trend of snow and melt is beginning to become quite the pattern over here. And rain, we have had sooo much rain this year, more than I think I've seen in Wyoming in my entirety of living here (almost my entire life)! With so much snow and rain and the wacky Wyoming weather, I've been caught off guard with my choice of shoes.

I have heavy duty snow boots for the really wet storms and  otherwise have been able to tough through with tennis shoes the rest of the time, because honestly when the snow comes you aren't outside for very long normally. This bizarre year has made me lust after duck boots. Its the main thing I'm going to be asking Santa for for Christmas this year ;)

Here are a few of my favorites:

Tivol by Sorel
Sorel 'Tivoli' Waterproof duck Boot  perfect for rainy fall days
Women's Shearwater by Sperry Top-Sider


Sperry Top-Sider - Women's Shearwater Boot $74.99


and finally the Women's Bean Boots by L.L. Bean's


L.L.Bean Boots and friend.  Photo by kpelton24 via Instagram.
I just can't get enough of them, and they just me so well. My best friend loves her Uggs and she looks good in them, but it's just too much fluff and size.

How has the weather been for you? And midterms? Are you looking into anything new for the winter months?

-Wyobelle

No comments:

Post a Comment