Sunday, August 18, 2013

Family

One thing I think we all need to remember that even when we are finally adults and on our own, our family is always there. However, they may not be there in the way we are used to, and that may be the most difficult thing of all. We are used to a certain way of acting, and then we hit adulthood and college, and life gets all topsy turvy on us. No longer living at home, trying to make our way in the world, yet when we come home we still have to respect our parents rules. It can be frustrating and we often wish to get far away from them or go back to the way it was when we were little. I especially miss being five, it was a blast!

My relationship with my mom got a whole lot better, my relationship with my dad basically didn't change. He expected more of me, but not unreasonably so. Which is really amazing for a guy who got thrown out of the house after graduating high school. I know that I can always come home, however it won't always be like that and after college if I ever want to do that I will be paying rent.



What I realized when I went to college, was that my parents did this! They moved out went to school and learned to live in the world all on their own, and they have had great experiences and know a few things. They were plenty happy to tell me that. I learned so much about my parents in the last year, its like they are different people. They have the best advice and understand what we are going through.

So while its not always easy to go through things, I just hope you remember that your family is always there to fall back on. They've been there the whole time and they want to go through this phase of your life with you as well. We often take parents and grandparents for granted, but they won't always be there and life is to short to waste time holding a grudge.

I have seen more of my Uncle and his family than I had in the last 5 years, and I only lived about 45 minutes away from them. Seeing his family and realizing how much I missed them was hard. I now have my aunts number and my cousin's number and we are planning on getting together and going sledding when I am back for Christmas break.

Cherish the last few days with family before we go back!

-WyoBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment