Friday, August 2, 2013

Go out and DO something

One of the most important things to learn about college and everything after, is that most often you are in a brand new area. That's a great thing it's a fresh start, however, because it's new not everyone is willing to go find the fun things to do.

 I can tell you I spent way to much time in my dorm freshmen year. We have this amazing park area just up the interstate about ten minutes, everyone calls it Vedauwoo (Vee-dah-voo). At Vedauwoo you have all sorts of difficulty level hiking trails and these great big bolders EVERYWHERE, its amazing. I didn't end up going to Vedauwoo until this summer when I went back to Laramie to visit friends, I loved it.

So get up and find great things to do, you will always have better memories of going and doing things than sitting in your dorm/apartment all the time. This summer I lived with my grandparents in Evanston for an internship opportunity. I still didn't get out as much as I wanted to but we would go to the Farmer's Markets on thursdays, go out to dinner, meet up with my grandma's bridge club ladies, and this last week we went to the Uinta county fair. 

It's August, which means fair time in Wyoming. It's a great way to go see what a lot of the local youth do all summer long. I love fair it's a blast, and just this past wednesday was pig wrestling. One of my grandmas friends, who told us that she was 68 not 21, decided that she wanted to pig wrestle before she dies and this was the year. It was so funny. My friends and I think we might do it next year. It was a really great time and it raises money for the local 4H and FFA. 



I can't wait till next weekend, it's the Lincoln county fair and for the past few years my family has been making it up to Afton do go watch.

Hope your July went well, its August and school is just around the corner.

- WyoBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment