Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chase your passions

Ok guys so this really has been a long week so far, and I am so sorry I haven't been very active.
I know I'm not the only one feeling like this because all of my sisters do as well. Sisters you may ask? Yes! I am officially part of Chi Omega here at UW. That’s why my posts have been kind of odd lately. I'm starting to finally settle down and hope that I can have a normal schedule.



Here I am advocating for Fraternity and Sorority life, but also any other activity you want to get into. My freshman year I was waaaay to laid back, I hung out in my dorm became friends with my floor and didn't leave. Which isn't bad, but I feel like I didn't get to know Laramie or UW at all until second semester and even more this year. Now that I have a job and am in a Fraternity (Chi O is a womens Fraternity, founded well over 100 years ago) I'm super busy. However, I also know so many people now! I can't walk across campus without seeing someone that I know.

Halfway through my first year I really began to miss the sports teams and extracurriculars I'd been involved in all high school. I looked into several things, but what stuck out to me the most was going Greek. I didn't feel like joining a club sport though I knew many people who had and loved it, and I wasn't all that into going to a Church group. I have nothing against them, actually I have several friends in Navigators (one of our groups) and have seen it to be a postitive influence in their lives.  So look around and find something that interests you.

The main motiviator for going Greek was the fact that I had so many friends in the Greek system, saw something I liked and wanted it too. Now I won't only have friends or sisters that I can call on for help no matter what, but when I graduate they will still be there and I will join and even larger group of alumni across the nation. Those who went Greek in college are almost everywhere and have a bond with one another. I gives a great network to start out on, plus it looks good on resumes. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought that going Greek was a good idea, as my pledge class across the row was over a hundred girls, extremely large for the last few years. I can't wait for the experiences and memories I will make.

Look into your passions chances have it that there is something on campus you can join! College is for making great memories and great friends, go out and do something!

-Wyobelle


P.S. If you are interested in going Greek here is a little video they showed us girls at orientation night before we started recruitment: Our potential, your  move: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un6c-MY4FEY

No comments:

Post a Comment