Thursday, September 12, 2013

Step back and breathe

Alright, so my week started out pretty badly to be honest. I woke up Monday morning ready to
Take a shower and get ready for the week, only to find out our water had been shut off again. Twice in four days actually. I understand that construction happens and life happens, but when its 7:30 and you can't use your bathroom at all? It stinks.

 I then began to feel overwhelmed by homework and finishing recruitment and work By Tuesday night I was ready to quit something, mainly my math class as it was assigning the most homework and is my least favorite class.  However, when I went to church this weekend the homily was about not committing if you can't finish the job. I am completely in agreement with that, I don't like quitting. I never have, and I am super stubborn so when I should learn to back down I go harder at it. Unlike my freshman year when I overloaded on classes, I now know my limitations. I also know that doing things you love makes them easier to do. So while I have a pretty full school schedule, and I now have two more extracurriculars, I love everything that I'm doing.


 Yesterday when I realized how stressed I was about everything and that we haven't been in school a month I decided to take a step back.  I did nothing. I sat around with my friends, I talked with one of the RA's who lived on my floor last year, and I took a walk. Better yet I took a walk in the rain. I don't know what it is about the rain but lately it's been improving my mood to no end. I love the sound of it, the feel of it, and the comfy clothes and hot drinks it brings. It's killing me not to curl up with a good book while the rain pounds on the windows. When you get overwhelmed find something you love, it helps I promise.  

- Wyobelle

P.S. if you love the rain and want to listen to it even when it turns back into wyoming, try rainymood.com. It's the perfect white noise to do homework to!


No comments:

Post a Comment