Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

Can I just say that having a three day weekend after we just started school is heaven and hell?

I had a blast, a few friends and I went home and did silly small town stuff. Mainly taking a few 'Mains' in our friends truck, looking at stars, laying out on the deck, and most importantly Bonfires! I love to eat out over the fire, we did hot dogs and smores, but my absolute favorite is roasted Starburst! It seems to mainly be a southwestern Wyoming thing as most people have no clue what I'm talking about but it is the best. Roast it over the fire until it starts to bubble and drip. Pull it out and let it cool. You then eat it and its all gooey and crunch and absolute bliss! It seems so odd, but its one of my favorite camping treats. Its always a good idea to keep an open mind and you may find a new favorite!

Look I found someone else who does it! She lives in Utah so I think it must be a thing for our region, check out her page there were lots of other yummy treats that I'm going to try next time I camp!


It was a long crazy weekend, but it brought me closer to the two wonderful girls who came back with me. One is thinking of joining my crazy family and I for Thanksgiving! I love going home, even if its only for a little. I'm never sure how much longer I'll get to go home when I want so I make sure to have a blast when I go. Sometimes the littlest things really are that biggest. For instance we said goodbye to one of our girlfriends from high school that is going on her mission soon, 18 months she will be gone. I am so going to write her letters and maybe even get to send a care package or two! I'm so glad I got to visit with her when I came home this summer because who knows where we will be when she comes back. 

How was your labor day? Do anything fun, or memorable? I'd love to hear stories!

-WyoBelle


No comments:

Post a Comment