Monday, September 30, 2013

Preparing for Homecoming

So, this weekend was particularly odd for me. Mainly I think because I didn't have too much to do, and I did homework for most of the weekend. I feel like I'm finally starting to grow up because, 1) my tastes have been changing and 2) my out look on school and life have been changing. However, these next two weeks will have me as excited as a high schooler again, because we are getting ready for Homecoming!

Being in a sorority have made a few of the things I'm doing a little different, but this is such an exciting time for the campus as a whole! Next week, any RSO's or groups that want to participate can join in Homecoming Sing. Normally Greek Life has a huge turn out for this, and this year is no different. I've already been preparing with my sisters for our Sing performance. It's normally super funny and a good time, lots of different groups up on stage in A&S doing skits and choreographed songs. That's happening Wednesday.

Then during the rest of the week we have the parade on Saturday, the football game Saturday, normally a volleyball game that weekend as well. Also the sports teams compete against each other in a car push up the ramps of Memorial Stadium. There is so much more, but please go out and support our sports teams! I can't wait. As a member of the newspaper I'll get to see everything written down after, so if you can't make it next week read about it in the Branding Iron!

The picture below should take you to the Homecoming page at UW!

tassels

It's going to be a blast and I can't wait to show everyone what Chi O has been working had at for the last few weeks! I love fall, the weather, the clothes, the drinks, the food, but mainly it means the start of some amazing times! Football, Homecoming, Halloween, and soon after Thanksgiving will kick off our holiday season! 

-WyoBelle

P.S. How are you enjoying the switch into fall? Are you as excited for Homecoming and all the fun activities as I am? Will you be superfanning it for our football game? I wanna know! And to the readers outside of UW is your Homecoming soon? How do you celebrate it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment