Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Today will be a good day

Alright so it's the middle of week two and we are finally starting to get into the swing of things. Teachers are finally assigning more homework, we know where we should be going (for the most part) and we even know the names of people we sit by in class. The grindstone is upon us, and its looking scary as ever. Everyone starts of the year with great ideas and huge goals. Straight A's, never missing class, hanging out with friends all the time. However things don't normally turn out that good, at least they haven't for me, second semester was easier than first, and so far this semester is going better than the previous. That doesn't mean I'm taking easier classes, actually totally the opposite, but I'm starting my days on the right foot.

As of yesterday I've made a pact with a few of my friends to go running on Tuesday, Thursday's and go to 'Boot Camp' (one of Half Acre's programs) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday's. Today was our first day of 'Boot Camp' and saying that it was rough was an understatement. By the end my whole body was shaking because my muscles didn't want to go anymore. Now while it was rough, it has so many perks to it, and not just the fact that I'm getting in shape. I think my favorite perk is that I'm awake early, for a night owl like me that's going to seem pretty odd to get excited about, but I love being awake when the sun comes up. Its all quiet and it feels like no one else is there. I savor my mornings when I don't have to rush. 

I am making a point to just be in a better mood. Smile at people as I walk past, wave to people I know, hold the door for people, so far it's made my days seem better. I have a really odd schedule because work is all evening long. With really interesting, and challenging Political Science classes this year, a job, and the fact that I am going through RUSH and joining a Sorority (not quite sure which one yet, but super excited) I'm extremely busy so when things go smother because I'm in a good mood I don't ever want it to change. 

I hope your second week is well so far, and here's a challenge try doing something nice for a day. Do a random act of kindness or just smile at people as you walk by, I guarantee that you will get more smiles back than odd looks (which I have gotten as well) and it will make your day seem a bit brighter. 


Look at this! I was in the Union and a girl who had been eating near me offtered me some cake because she couldn't finish it. It had been a handout from one of the vendors or fairs today. Sometimes its scary to take free food, but she was really nice about it and there has been free food everywhere. I believe that everything happens for a reason and if you put good into the world you will get it out. 

Is your new schedule odd? Have you had anyone perform a random act of kindness for you? Are you trying to have a better outlook on life? I want to hear!


-WyoBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment