Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Turn Your Whole Body

Okay, so I've been reading Plato's Republic for class.



However out discussion today got me thinking, a little after chapter 7 when Plato is explaining the Allegory of the Cave he states that education is not looking in the right direction. My teacher then explained more saying how one must turn their whole body to learn and become wise, this will then change how they feel about life and how they want to work in the world.

I know that most of that was boring, but it correlates to what we are doing with college. Now that may just having you rolling your eyes, but originally I was going into Pre-Med. I find Science soooo interesting, however I have found out that I don't always understand it. My first semester was kinda (really) rough. I'd already decided to major in Political Science because it was something I enjoyed learning about, and for Pre-Med you can have any major you want.

 I'd already found that I loved government, history, and politics when I was in high school. I decided to take a break from Pre-Med second semester and knock some of my major requirements out of the way. I found out that college classes can be fun. That I love to learn again. Most importantly, that I never wanted to go back into my science heavy coarse load of the Pre-Med world ever again.

Today I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do in a few years, I may go to Law School or maybe just intern somewhere. I may even get to go work in D.C. or maybe our state capital. As long as I'm working somewhere within the world of government I know that I'll be happy and that I'll be helping the world in the best way that I can.

It doesn't matter to me if I don't get a doctors salary, because I will have a job that I love doing. To me it was worth reading Plato just to realize that I'm on the right path.

Have you realized what you want to do with yourself? Or are you still searching for the right niche? I want to hear your stories too!

P.S. I have been ridiculously addicted to drinking London Fog since I've come to college, but this last week or so I've gotten really bad about it, and thanks to Starbucks it's gotten really popular!

No comments:

Post a Comment